Friday, 18 April 2014
Started Thursday April 17th, ends April 28th
- 50% off Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner 250ml
- 40% off TRESemme shampoo and conditioner 739-900ml
- 30% off Preference hair colour
- 25% off Palette hair colour
- 20% off all Pantene styling and treatment products
- 3 for 2 on Manicare, Glam and Artiste ranges
- 30% off Models Prefer, Revlon and Soho cosmetic bags
- 40% off Nivea cleansing range
- 30% off entire Aveeno range
- 25% off Garnier Perfect Blur
- 20% off entire Puretan range
- 20% off entire Vaseline skin care range
- 20% off Garnier Moisture Match range
- 20% off entire Formula 10.0.6 range
- 20% off entire A’kin skin care range
- 20% off entire Yes To skin care range
- 20% off entire People for Plants range
- 20% off entire Le Tan range
- Spend $19 or more in one transaction across the Almay range & then receive a free Almay Eyeshadow & Eyeliner Gift Set
- 2 for $45 on all Revlon face products
- 3 for 2 on entire Rimmel range
- 3 for 2 on Nude by Nature cosmetics and skin care ranges
- 40% off entire Covergirl range
- 30% off all Australis lip and nail products
- 25% off L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique range
- 20% off all Sally Hansen nail enamel and accessories
- 20% off all Maybelline New York lip and nail products
#deals #priceline #catalogue #budget beauty
Posted 16 hours ago
For one day only, Saturday April 19th, Target has 40% off all Max Factor and Olay cosmetics, both in stores and online!
Posted 16 hours ago
Black & Gold
If the fish swam out of the ocean, and grew legs and they started walking… It just occurred to me that those lyrics are describing evolution. And it’s six years old. Whaaaat?!
I was wondering how I could incorporate the Stila Foil Finish Eyeshadow into a look, and it occurred to me to use it as a liner. I love how it turned out, and I’ll definitely be using it as a liner in future looks.
- Face: Covergirl's 3-in-1 Foundation and Models Prefer's highlighter quad
- Eyes: Sleek's Bad Girl Palette, Lord & Berry's Kajal Stick, Max Factor's Extreme Impact Mascara and Stila's Foil Finish Eyeshadow in Comex Gold
- Lips: BYS’ Lipstick in Black and LORAC's Tantalizer Lipgloss
I applied the darker silver shadow all over my lids, then applied the last shade, the black, in the top row of the palette on the second half of my lids. I mixed the Stila liquid primer with the foil finish eyeshadow and applied it as a liner using an angled liner brush - while mixing it with the primer makes it harder to apply as an eyeshadow, it definitely makes it easier to apply it as a liner. I then applied Lord & Berry’s kajal stick all around my eyes.
I applied foundation after all of this, in case there was any fallout, which there wasn’t! Then I applied the golden bronze shade from the highlighter quad to my cheeks.
I had to apply multiple layers of the black lipstick as it wasn’t particularly pigmented, and I followed that up with the lipgloss. Despite the lack of pigmentation, I’m happy with how my lips turned out. And happy with the look in general!
#makeup #my looks
Posted 17 hours ago
Thursday, 17 April 2014
Posted 1 day ago
My Skin Care Routine
- Kiehl’s Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub - I bought this in a panic after my previous skin care routine was making me break out. For the most part I’ve stopped using the Kiehl’s products I bought as they weren’t working for me, but this scrub does the job!
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (Mild) - I should never have stopped using this cleanser. I’m so sorry, skin! Please forgive me. This cleanses wonderfully and is perfect for my skin. It lasts ages too!
- Olay Regenerist Advanced Cleansing System - An affordable alternative to the Clarisonic, this does a good job of massaging cleanser onto every inch of the surface of your face.
- Lush Eau Roma Water - My holy grail toner! Astringent-free, so it doesn’t sting at all, and it smells lovely.
- Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Spot Treatment Gel - This is more affordable than the Kiehl’s spot treatment I was using, and lasts twice as long. It can sting a bit, and smells vaguely of alcohol, but it does a fantastic job of making pimples disappear before they’ve even had time to properly appear. Take that, pimples.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ - I bought my first bottle of this in June last year, and I’m still using it. The fact that it’s lasted so long amazes me! It moisturises my skin wonderfully, has a subtle, pleasant smell, and is just generally fantastic. No wonder one is sold every 5 seconds!
#skin care #personal #information
Posted 1 day ago
Wednesday, 16 April 2014
swanriverdaisy said: Hey, I was just wondering where you got your naked palettes from? I can never find anywhere to get them in Australia? (:
I bought mine from Sephora but BeautyBay and Look Fantastic have them for sale and ship to Australia :)
#ask #information #swanriverdaisy
Posted 2 days ago
Backstage at TAFE the Innovators, SS14 Sydney Fashion Week
#makeup #fashion #mac cosmetics
Posted 2 days ago
A Look At My Makeup Stash, Part 4: Eyeshadow
Onwards and upwards! To part 4! Parts 1, 2 and 3 can be found here, here, and here. Today, my eyeshadow collection is on display. On the internet. So really, it will be on display forever. Cool. Hello humans of 2044!
First photo: Eyeshadow palettes. Quite a restrained collection, really
Second photo: Single eyeshadows, both pressed and loose
Third photo: Another angle just for fun
Fourth photo: Single eyeshadows and NARS duo eyeshadows that I forgot to include in the second photo
My eyeshadow collection definitely has decreased in size, especially since I’ve put a few palettes aside to give to friends. I really should make more of an effort to use more of these though. So many pretty colours! But I only have two eyes! NOTE: DO NOT GOOGLE WHICH ANIMALS HAVE MORE THAN TWO EYES BECAUSE YOU WILL END UP SEARCHING ‘SPIDER EYES’ ON GOOGLE IMAGES AND SCREAMING LOUDLY AT 1AM. I need to lie down now.
#makeup #collection #personal #eyes #eyeshadow
Posted 2 days ago
Tuesday, 15 April 2014
The Importance of Nail Care
My nails grow ridiculously fast. I have to file them about three times a week to keep them at a manageable length, and I think I know why this is the case. I use four OPI products from their Avoplex range pretty regularly, and they’ve worked wonders for my nails.
- High Intensity Hand & Nail Cream
- Cuticle Oil On The Go
- Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil
- Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment
The hand and nail cream isn’t particularly essential, but it smells lovely and keeps my hands moisturised for ages. The cuticle oil on the go is great for travelling, as the name suggests. The nail and cuticle replenishing oil is the key to my nail growth (I’m guessing, as it’s the one I use the most). The bottle lasts ages, and using a cuticle oil is a great way to treat your nails with the care they deserve! The exfoliating cuticle treatment makes it easy to remove your cuticles, and I’m torn - I’ve read a few things that suggest leaving your cuticles intact is best, and my nails do look better when they are intact. Hmmm.
If your nails are looking worse for wear, I definitely recommend a cuticle oil like OPI’s!
All of these can be purchased from Adore Beauty.
#nails #personal #information #opi
Posted 3 days ago
Monday, 14 April 2014
I love this acid wash denim jacket from ASOS, hot damn.
Posted 4 days ago
Australian/New Zealand giveaway: romyweinbergerwhite
Sephora gift voucher giveaway: murderer
Congratulations! Thank you so much to everyone who entered - stick around for a few giveaways when I’m in the US… I’m thinking Sephora goodies for Australians & Kiwis? :D
Posted 4 days ago
A Look At My Makeup Stash, Part 3: Mascara
And now we find ourselves at part 3 of this peek into my makeup collection series (parts 1 and 2 can be found here and here). I hope it continues to be as interesting for you as it has been for me (mostly I’m just amazed how many products I own that I literally never use…)
First photo: mini/sample sized mascaras! Look, so cute! Mini! Too cute to use.
Second photo: Chunky mascaras, I guess? Look at the nice shapes. Don’t look for too long or your eyes will go weird
Third photo: The rest! Including coloured mascaras.
I really don’t think I have that many, to be honest. I’ve thrown out a few, and I’m working my way through the oldest ones now so I can then throw them out. Although since most people can make do with just a couple of mascaras, I probably do have too many. It’s for science!
#collection #makeup #personal #eyes #mascara
Posted 4 days ago
Sunday, 13 April 2014
My Top 7 Brushes
Continuing on from my beauty tool essentials post is my essential brushes post! I have included the brands of the brushes, but I’m primarily focused on the size and shape of the brushes. For example, a spoolie brush is good when purchased from any brand. I also don’t believe in solely using brushes as advertised; they’re your brushes, use them however you want! Don’t use them to brush your hair though, they won’t do anything there.
- Sigma’s F15 Duo Fibre Powder/Blush Brush - I love this for applying liquid foundation! I find it easier to use for this than Sigma’s F50 brush, which is slightly bigger. It’s so easy to buff foundation in to the skin and blend it in along the jawline!
- Sephora’s Pro Visionary Flawless Flat Powder #120 Brush - This powder brush is pretty small compared to some (Sigma’s F30, for example), but I love it for applying all kinds of powder. I can use it to buff in powder foundation and use it right after to blend in some bronzer, whereas if I used a larger brush I couldn’t use it for bronzer and blush without looking ridiculous.
- Sigma’s E60 Large Shader Brush - This is meant to be used to apply eyeshadow, but I love it for applying foundation in small, hard-to-reach places, like the inner corners of my eyes near my nose, since that area is somewhat sunken and lighter than the rest of my face.
- Sigma’s E55 Eye Shading Brush - I have three of these now! They’re a dream to apply powder eyeshadow with. Being short with densely packed bristles, they pick up a lot of shadow.
- Sigma’s E45 Small Tapered Blending Brush - I use this to blend powder shadows, and I think using a separate brush to blend is best, as using the brush you applied the product with will just get product in places you don’t necessarily want it. The tapered shape and small size make it easy to get in to creases and blend neatly.
- ELF’S Small Angled Brush - I’m slowly getting better at applying gel liner, and a small angled brush is essential for this. I also use it with the Make Up For Ever Flash Color Case; it’s great for applying cream products to lips!
- Spoolie - The brand doesn’t matter with spoolie brushes, and the one I’m using at the moment doesn’t have the brand name on it anyway. Ha. It’s angled, so if you can find one like that, it’s great for really getting to all of your lashes to ensure they’re clump free. It can also be used on your brows, but I just cover mine with my fringe and go about my day, so I can’t offer much advice there!
Which brushes can’t you do without?
#tools #information #tips #makeup
Posted 5 days ago
Sunday Night Links
- Have Eczema, Psoriasis, or Sensitive Skin? Avoid these 5 Ingredients [Beautylish]
- MAC Playland Collection Overview [Temptalia]
- 5 Fixes for the Most Common Beauty Emergencies [Byrdie]
- What hair and make-up artists really use backstage [Vogue Australia]
- What to Do When Your Favorite Makeup Has Been Discontinued [BeautyHigh]
- Beauty On A Budget: Face Of Australia Glamazon Contour & Blush Kit in “Minx” and “Leopardess” [Bottled Beauty]
#links #skin care #makeup
Posted 5 days ago
It’s time for my first giveaway of 2014! This year has already been fantastic for this little blog of mine, and a giveaway to thank all of my lovely followers is long overdue.
- BareMinerals The Star Treatment Eyeshadow Palette
- Melt Cosmetics Lipsticks in Shady Lady and Stupid Love
- Benefit Cosmetics Agent Zero Shine Porefessional PRO Powder
- OPI RapiDry Top Coat
Rules are as follows:
- Must be following this blog, Silver Screen Beauty Queens, on Tumblr or Bloglovin’; bonus entry for those following on both
- Reblog this post once to enter; Bloglovin’ followers can like this post once to enter
- Must be a resident of Australia or New Zealand
- Must be over the age of 18 or have a parent or guardian’s permission
- Extra entry if you follow me on Instagram
Comment on this post with your Bloglovin or Instagram username so that your extra entry can be included!
Giveaway ends 28th March 11.59PM AEST.
UPDATE: My blog’s first birthday has snuck up on me, so I thought I’d turn this into a birthday giveaway! It will now end 12th April 11.59PM AEST, and will include a few more exciting goodies, in addition to the ones listed above.
Edited to open the giveaway up to those under 18 who have a parent or guardian’s permission,
Aaaaand this giveaway is over! Thank you so much to everyone who has entered, I may be a little delayed in contacting/posting the name of the winner as I’m drowning in uni and photography work, so bear with me!
Posted 6 days ago